Sunday 22 May 2016

Manga #1: Top 10 Shoujo Manga/Manhua/Manhwa



I've been having bad cramps and headaches all day today so I thought I'd write about something I REALLY like. Here goes.


#10 Orange Marmalade

Genres: romance, school life, supernatural, shoujo, psychological, comedy, webtoons, manhwa [good art]

If you want to read about a female vampire's life, read this. This deserved a 10/10 from me. It was an awesome read. Everything was relevant to reality (except vampires) and readers are able to sympathize with the female lead.

Chapters: 75+ complete


#9 Penguin Revolution

Genres: show biz, gender bender, school life, comedy, shoujo, romance [cute art]

I don't quite remember if there is gender bender in this manga but I do remember that show biz is in my top 3 genres whenever I want to read a manga! Penguin Revolution is about a girl who enters an agency named "Penguin Revolution" (I don't quite remember) and has to take care of a newbie idol. What is magical about her is that she is able to see potential soon-to-be-famous stars if she sees a pair of wings on their backs. I rate 10/10 for good and funny read.

Chapters: 30+ complete


#8 Goong: The Royal Palace
Genres: romance, shoujo, school life, comedy, manhwa [beautiful art]

If South Korea continued their monarchy, then it would probably look something like Goong. The story illustrates the life of a young female who suddenly has to marry a prince from the Royal family in South Korea. They go through obstacles with each other, the media, and the Royal family. I rate 10/10 for its in depth history and storyline. The characters are well-explored and art is amazing.

Chapters: 75+ [I think] complete


#7 Ao Haru Ride

Genres: romance, school life, shoujo, comedy, drama [cute art]

When I read it the first time, I was thoroughly amazed and heartbroken along with the protagonist. The story itself was very well constructed and I really like how the female lead always revisited her memories and places she spent with the male lead. It's kind of like humans in reality. We love to remember things, whether good or bad. The thing I didn't like was the overdramatic way of putting situations. Some of them could've been less... severe? Like, things don't need to be taken to the point where it's straight up out there. Not all manga readers are idiots and don't get the gist of things but... other than that, it was a pretty nice read. Great story, great art, and great couple. 10/10 for this one.

Chapters: 35+ complete


#6 Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama

Genres: romance, school life, comedy, shoujo

OMG I LOVE THIS MANGA!!! It pretty much explained EVERYTHING THAT ANYONE WAS INTERESTED ABOUT!! I ship the female and male lead together so hard. Anyways, this story is about a female president of a school who keeps her job a secret to her school and the male lead finds out about it. The art is amazing, the characters are hilarious, and the storyline flows; this keeps readers on the track and not confused about situations. It is well directed. Make sure to read it. 11/10 for this one.

Chapters: 75+ complete


#5 The One

Genres: show biz, shoujo/josei, romance, slice of life, psychological, comedy, smut

This manga is an all-in-one type. It focuses around a female who likes a director in the entertainment industry and meets a peculiar homeless person on the bench. I haven't read this in a while so I don't recall how it began...lol... so just like find out about it yourself. It's AMAZING in the sense that you won't regret reading it -if you can take its contents. 12/10 must read!

Chapters: 100+ complete


#4 Lovely Everywhere

Genres: Romance, shoujo, school life, drama, manhua [cute art]

Lovely Everywhere is one of those mangas where we have an annoying yet not annoying protagonist and male lead. The female lead is a very cute and sensible person but sometimes she doesn't take action to many things and decides to just mope around. The male lead however is more douchebag-worthy than the female since he loves to play around -although he is smart and kind awhduewhfoew. I think what attracted me to this was the art at first because it's pretty cute but then the plot itself got me to keep going. So I'd definitely recommend this to everyone who likes the following genres. I mean I read it more than 5+ times lol huehuehue. Oh I'd give this a 11/10 :)
P.S. I'm reading it again rn lol

Chapters: 15+ [I think] complete


#3 Red River (Anatolia Story)

Genres: historical, action, romance, psychological, shoujo/josei, comedy, smut, tragedy [good art]

I know. The art is pretty old. I'd have to agree. The art certainly did not attract me for this manga. I think what did was the time-travelling part when I read the synopsis. The protagonist is dragged back in time to be a sacrifice of the current queen of somewhere (I forgot) so her son could become the king. This is one of those mangas that have every little thing so it's really very gooooood :D 12/10

Chapters: 100+ complete


#2 Nekota no Koto ga Ki ni Natte Shikatanai

Genres: comedy, school life, shoujo, fantasy, romance

LOL This manga makes me laugh and cry so much! The protagonist of the story deals with seeing a cat face on one of her classmates -who is the male lead. Anyway, just read it. It's the bomb xD 14/10

Chapters: 10+ ongoing


#1 Skip Beat

Genres: show biz, slice of life, comedy, school life, supernatural, fantasy, romance, shoujo

Skip Beat changed my life man. It's like my bible for life (not really lol). The protagonist of the story is a strong female who strives to take revenge on her childhood friend for leaving her. She goes into the showbiz world and meets the male protagonist. They first start off horribly but slowly they become colleagues and respect one another. This manga is a must-read for anyone who hasn't read it yet! 200000/10 ┌( ಠ‿ಠ)┘

Chapters: 200+ ongoing

No comments:

Post a Comment