Wednesday 11 May 2016

KPOP #1: I.O.I

I.O.I (Ideal of Idol)

An 11 member Korean pop girl group which debuted on May 3, 2016

The group members consist of: 
Jie Qiong (Pinky) - face, vocalist, dancer
Sohye - sub-vocalist
Yeunjung - main vocalist
Chungha - vocalist, main dancer
Mina - sub-vocalist, dancer
Somi - face, lead vocalist, maknae 
Sejeong - main vocalist 
Chaeyeong - sub-vocalist 
Nayoung - sub-vocalist, main rapper, dancer 
Yoojung - vocalist, lead rapper
Doyeon - vocalist


Synopsis
The members of the group were decided through a competition show (Produce 101) which aired on 2015-2016. The girls are all from different companies signed to the CJ &EM company. 

They debuted with their titled track "Dream Girls". This is a song which may sound mainstream at the first listen but if you give it a couple of listens; you'll love it! The lyrics are very meaningful as well, unlike some other kpop songs nowadays. Give it a shot :)

Link to debut music videoI.O.I - Dream Girls M/V

Link to debut song with lyricsI.O.I - Dream Girls with Lyrics


My Favourite Side Songs 
All the other side songs are A-MA-ZING as well but these are my favourites so far. Have a listen at them as well (click on them!). 

I.O.I - When the Cherry Blossoms Fade

I.O.I - Knock Knock



A Live Performance (May 10, 2016)

I.O.I - When the Cherry Blossoms Fade and Dream Girls Live


A photo shoot of the full group

From the left of the picture: Chaeyeon, Pinky, Mina, Somi (sitting on bench), Sejeong, Nayoung, Sohye, Chungha (white shirt), Yoojung, Yeunjung, Doyeon

Reference 
I.O.I - Wikipedia Page

No comments:

Post a Comment